Thursday, February 22, 2007

Anna Nicole Verdict...

Liveblog:

Man this judge is a jackass. What a blow-hard.

A bunch of stuff was denied. I don't understand the legalese.

Jesus, this judge looks like he's trying not to cry. What a tool. What the fuck is going on here? Holy shit the judge is crying.

They awarded the remains to the lawyer representing Dannielynn. He asks that this lawyer consult with all involved parties in making a decision.

Howard Stern's head is on the table. Virgie Arthur is crying.

"I want her buried," says the judge, "with her son. In the Bahamas. I want them to be together." But he's leaving that decision up to Dannielynn's lawyer, who I assume will agree to have her buried in the Bahamas.

Howard K. Stern is sobbing audibly. His freakin' lawyer is crying. Everybody is crying. Except Larry Birkhead. He's not crying.

"And I hope to God," says the judge, "You guys give the kid the right shot." He's still crying. This is the strangest damn thing I have ever seen.

The lawyers ask for a bunch of stuff I don't understand, then ask for use of the chambers for the rest of the afternoon. The judge says sure in the most long-winded, blow-hardy way. They want the courtroom sealed for their discussions. No cameras. Judge says sure.

Court adjourned.