Monday, February 26, 2007

Mary-Kate Olsen, Hard-Nosed Journalist

Or, you know, candy-nosed journalist, white-nosed journalist, powder-nosed journalist. Take your pick. Ana's BFF submitted the "My Favorite Purse" essay she wrote in fifth grade to the New York Times, and in return they handed over her very own byline:

I have a large, red quilted Chanel bag that I borrowed from my sister Ashley. I wore it to an event and never gave it back. Luckily, she's moved on to another bag, so I'm safe for now. I'm not quite sure how many bags I have, but let's just say I have a few. When I find a bag I like, I tend to wear it to death until I become obsessed with another one. This probably happens three to five times a year. But I always come back to the Chanel. The size isn't overwhelming, and it has enough subtle detail to keep it interesting.

I also have the smaller version in blue and in white, but the red is definitely my favorite. I don't have a stylist — I'd rather just do my own thing and put together my own outfits. The chain-handle bag is the perfect accent to almost any combination I come up with. I look at everything with a designer's eye, but I wouldn't change a thing about this bag. I think that's why it's a true classic.

Wow, MK. Tear. Did someone say "Pulitzer"? I think yes.

Thanks to Gawker for the heads-up.