Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Lindsay Lohan Sobered by Death of Robert Altman


LiLo released the following statement yesterday:

I would like to send my condolences out to Catherine Altman, Robert Altmans wife, as well as all of his immediate family, close friends, co-workers, and all of his inner circle.

I feel as if I've just had the wind knocked out of me and my heart aches.

If not only my heart but the heart of Mr. Altman's wife and family and many fellow actors/artists that admire him for his work and love him for making people laugh whenever and however he could..

Robert altman made dreams possible for many independent aspiring filmmakers, as well as creating roles for countless actors.

I am lucky enough to of been able to work with Robert Altman amongst the other greats on a film that I can genuinely say created a turning point in my career.

I learned so much from Altman and he was the closest thing to my father and grandfather that I really do believe I've had in several years.

The point is, he made a difference.

He left us with a legend that all of us have the ability to do.

So every day when you wake up.

Look in the mirror and thank god for every second you have and cherish all moments.
The fighting, the anger, the drama is tedious.


Please just take each moment day by day and consider yourself lucky to breathe and feel at all and smile. Be thankful.

Life comes once, doesn't 'keep coming back' and we all take such advantage of what we have.
When we shouldn't..... '


Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of yourselves' (12st book) -everytime there's a triumph in the world a million souls hafta be trampled on.-altman Its true. But treasure each triumph as they come.

If I can do anything for those who are in a very hard time right now, as I'm one of them with hearing this news, please take advantage of the fact that I'm just a phone call away.

God Bless, peace and love always.

Thank You,
BE ADEQUITE
Lindsay Lohan


I hope you don't mind -- I've taken the initiative to put in bold the distinctly AA phrases ("12st book" here means, I'm sure, "12-step book") Lindsay used in her statement, which, quite frankly, sounds as though it was written while under the influence. This is the same young lady who, earlier this month, was spotted leaving the Ivy wearing an AA 90-day chip. Well, Linds, even if you're not staying sober, it's good to see some of that 12-step business is sticking in your head. Keep coming back, I guess!

Anonymous said...

Good God! Did her 'people' really let her release this garbeled, drug-induced, sorry excuse for a eulogy?
Lindsey, you not only need to get your sh*t together (this talk of overdoses and self-mutilation--it's not good) and learn some basic English grammer--but you despretely need to fire your PR people! Your late night journal entries written after you've snorted God knows how much coke should NEVER, I repeat NEVER, see the light of day.
Lindsey, you complain of the media's portrayl of you but you do everything in your power to reinforce the public notion that you're a trashy, untalented high-school drop-out.
I hate to say this Lindsey, but despite all your half-baked musings on mortality and taking "each moment day by day," (which begs the question, how long are your moments?) it seems like you're headed for an early grave. And that would undoubtedly be sad. I am after all looking forward to the tell-all autobiography that will accompany your mid-life comeback...God willing you can survive till then.

EvilT said...

She is such a nutjob.

Anonymous said...

I dont believe AA had this spokes- person in mind. maybe shes from AAA?