Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday Morning Music


Here is my new favorite artist. His name is Mickey Avalon. I saw him in San Diego when he performed at Aubergine. He is a punk rapper from the mean streets of LA. Essentially, America's Pete Doherty. He likes to rap about his penis, drugs and his skills in the bedroom. He has quite a past working as a male prostitute so his angst is legit. Take the Federline. I wouldn't do him but he has quite the female fan base. Lyrically I think he is quite fun and "Jane Fonda" is my new favorite booty shaking song.

Anonymous said...

Hey I love this dude too. I caught his name on your blog a few days ago and wondered how you'd came across him.

I was in SD the week before he played there recently. I was so BUMMED out about not being able to see him. I'm from the east coast so it was going to be a rare opportunity.

Check out all of his stuff because everything is great. Jane Fonda is the first tune I heard as well.

Anyway- He comes off as a trainwreck sometimes but still is fascinating to watch and listen to!

EvilT said...

Bought the whole CD on itunes and I love the whole thing...which is rare these days. He is such a trainwreck on stage but really fun to watch. If anybody gets a reason to check him out live...DO IT!