Tuesday, September 19, 2006

An Evil Beet Cock-Block

On August 3, my ever-vigilant mother sent me a link to a website she thought I'd find amusing, DontDateHimGirl.com. I did find it amusing, so much so that I blogged about it, reluctantly repeating names of some of the poor chaps who'd been blasted on the site. I hadn't thought much about that particular post until today, when I received this email, from one of the young men whose name and public blasting I'd re-printed in part:

Dear Evilbeet!
Please help. In your August 3, 2006 blog you discussed the website www.dontdatehimgirl.com and used my profile as an example. Although what you wrote was certainly sympathetic to me, and I appreciate what you said, unfortunately your website is now my highest Google link!! I had a girl that I really liked "google" me and she found that godforsaken website that I'm on and read about me. Needless to say, I haven't seen her since! If there is ANY WAY for you to alter a previous blog and remove me from that entry so that girls that "google" me in the future are not directed to that other website I would be very thankful!

Here is the text about me from your website:
[name removed], of [location removed], sleeps with lots of girls at the same time, and "felt it was okay to Jerk off in front of me on our 1st and 2nd date." I doubt this guy was concerned much with your potential reaction on the first date, sweetie, but I assure you he'd determined it was 100% okay when you showed up for the second date.
Here at the Evil Beet, we believe firmly that one oughtn't hate the player, but rather, the game. We were totally understanding of his crisis and removed any identifying info. Play on, brother.