Thursday, August 03, 2006

Nicky Hilton's Body Isn't That Much Better than Yours


I know it's mean and misogynistic to pick on female celebs' body types, but I saw this picture on The Skinny Website (don't even get me started), and I really felt a lot better about my body. So don't think of this as my cattiness, think of it as your self-confidence boost for the day. I am just trying to help.

You know, people say she tries to stay out of the spotlight -- she's hawking a fashion line and getting into the hotel biz and not fucking every C-list scenester on the Sunset Strip (just the one) -- but it's not like this girl actually goes out of her way to avoid being in the public eye. I crossed paths with all 5-foot-absolutely-nothing of her at a party last year, and she posed for the cameras for a good solid fifteen minutes before grabbing her gift bag and heading back out the door. She could have afforded the swag on her own; she came to have her picture taken. She's not trying that hard, people.

Streisand_Disciple said...

There's nothing misogynistic about telling us all what we already know: all that men care about is how a woman looks, and all that women care about is how a woman looks. So thanks on behalf of all of us for knocking her down to make the rest of us taller!

On the upside, my boys are doling out some comeuppance on those goodie bags: http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=154941,00.html.
Now that's the democratizing force to which even celebrities are accountable.

ScottsdaleInTheCity said...

This makes me feel a lot better actually....I'm kind of a devotee of those magazines where they show celebrities looking bad. Does that make me a bad person?

Brian said...

The inability to effectively link in these comments cramps one's style.

Brian said...

"I crossed paths with all 5-foot-absolutely-nothing of her at a party last year ..."

Story, please, unless such parties are commonplace for you and I should have known this.

Medicine said...

I crossed paths with all 5-foot-absolutely-nothing of her at a party last year.