Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Emmy Results You Care About

Drama Series: 24
Comedy Series: The Office
Actor in a Drama: Jack Bauer
Actress in a Comedy: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Actress in a Drama: Mariska Hargitay
Actor in a Comedy: Tony Shalhoub
Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Program: The Daily Show
Variety, Music or Comedy Series: The Daily Show
Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Jeremy Piven
Supporting Actor in a Drama: Alan Alda
Supporting Actress in a Comedy: Megan Mullally
Supporting Actress in a Drama: Blythe Danner


In case the Emmy results you care about do not completely overlap with the Emmy results that I care about, the LA Times has the budget to put together the whole list.

I'm a pretty happy Beet about all this; I am thrilled that The Office won; I'm always happy to see Jon Stewart do well; it's good to see Mariska Hargitay recognized for holding her own against Chris Meloni all these years (I'm sorry but Kathryn Erbe may as well have been a Maltese in Vincent D'Onofrio's Louis Vuitton); and as long as we're lauding women here, how fabulous that the Seinfeld Curse was not only broken but spit and menstruated upon by Julia Louis-Dreyfus after all the men tried and failed; and Megan Mullally ought to be voted President of our country, but I guess an Emmy is an okay start.

The only thing I'm mildly annoyed with is the Blythe Danner win. I would have liked to see that go to Chandra Wilson or Sandra Oh, but Chandra will have other chances, I'm sure, and I suppose Sandra can cry herself to sleep clutching her Golden Globe.

Most importantly, Joan Rivers conducted her 1000th red carpet interview (with Debra Messing). Unfortunately, it aired on the TV Guide channel. I love Joan Rivers, and I'm bummed she's not on E! anymore. Mostly, though, I'll always pine for that one year long, long ago when they let Kathy Griffin do the red carpet interviews. She asked the kids from Arrested Development if they had any weed. It was probably the highlight of my life, and I pray each night that someone will give her a second chance.

Dr. Health said...

The only thing I'm mildly annoyed
with is the Blythe Danner win.