Saturday, December 16, 2006

Leona Lewis Wins X Factor

Shocking exactly no one, Londoner Leona Lewis won X Factor tonight. X Factor is kind of like the British American Idol (which is strange, because AmIdol was based on the British Pop Idol, so I'm not really sure how this show came about, but they've still got Simon Cowell there, along with fellow judges Sharon Osbourne and some small old guy who reminds me of that little gay man who was Karen Walker's nemesis on Will and Grace). Anyway, Leona's been a stand-out in the U.K. since the start of the competition, but her profile has been relatively huge in the U.S. thanks in large part to Perez Hilton, who raves about her almost daily on his website.

Her first single in the U.K. will be "A Moment Like This" (yeah, that's right, the same song Kelly Clarkson used as her first single...cute, guys). But, I've gotta hand it to her, as much as I love me some Kelly Clarkson, this is the first time I've been able to listen to this song without rolling my eyes. Her voice is so incredible you kind of forget that the lyrics sound like you wrote them in sixth-grade English after the seventh-grade football star smiled at you in the hall. I've linked that video here, but I'll hand you over to Perez for some others.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, she has a beautiful voice but how dare she take on a song by one of the greatest singers and change it. Some people said this song sang by Leona made people listen to it more. They also said that Kelly's was just a corny song that she had to sing. No I don't think so. She's is the only one on american idol that made their song golden. All the others are just corny lyrics. Still how dare she take a song from Kelly. I still think by a mile Kelly Clarkson is better.

Anonymous said...

OH GET REAL SHE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN KELLY AND ITS NOT LEONAS FAULT THEY GAVE HER THE POXY SONG! BLAME SIMON, I HATE THE SONG AS IT REMINDS ME OF THE SANDALS ADVERT - BUT LEONA MAKES ME LIKE IT AND THATS MORE TAN KELLY DID! SORRY BUT KELLY FANS GET OVER IT A REAL STAR IS COMING TO TOWN AND SHE HAS THE WHOLE PACKAGE UNLIKE KELLY AND SHE DOESNT JUST SHOUT HER VOICE IS SO PURE AND VERY RARE. SIMON SAYS SHES THE BEST CONTESTANT HES EVER HAD ON ANY SHOW SO IL THINK ID SAY HES AN EXPERT AND SIMON DOESNT SAY THAT TO JUST ANYONE.