Tuesday, December 12, 2006

It's Like, Yeah, Motherfucker, I've Got Seven Days


We heard it from some jackass in a meeting.* We heard it from her mother. We heard it from her publicist. Now we're hearing it from Lindsay Lohan herself:

"I just left an AA meeting," she told People magazine. "I haven't had a drink in seven days. Or anything."

"I've been going to AA for a year by the way," she added. "I'm not even legal to, so why would I? I don't drink when I go to clubs. [Ed: Yeah, right] I drink with my friends at home, but there's no need to. I feel better not drinking. It's more fun. I have Red Bull."

When asked why she was attending meetings, Lindsay said "I was like, `I don't want to be written about at these clubs with these people. I work, I act, I have a living. That's what I do every day. I work every single day."

I'm actually not going to be snarky about this, because we bitch and moan about what drunken assholes these celebs are all the time, so now that one of them is taking steps to address the underlying issues, I'm not going to bitch and moan about it. Rock on, Linds, and keep coming back.



* For the record, I've decided that the "eyewitness" who saw Lohan in an AA meeting in Los Angeles was probably her publicist, trying to rehab her reputation. If Page Six ran a story every time they got a report that an A- or B-list celeb showed up at an AA meeting, they wouldn't have column space to print anything else. And I don't think they're such huge assholes that they'd take it upon themselves to sacrifice her anonymity. The U.S. media is typically pretty responsible about that sort of thing.

Gavin said...

It cannot have effect in reality, that is what I consider.
Brantford homes