Friday, January 19, 2007

I'm Sorry, Again



Isaiah Washington keeps messing up over and over again. He not only used the f-word and forced little T.R. Knight out of the closet but also he denied ever doing so at the Golden Globes and then used the f-word again. The gay bloggers out there (read: led by the call of Perez Hilton) are calling ABC to fire him and he is struggling to save what is left of his reputation.

The cast now is speaking out against Isaiah's behavior. T.R. stood up for himself, a bit, on Ellen. We already linked this a couple days ago but it worth watching if you are following the "Grey's Anatomy" scandal. Katherine Heigl also has spoken out against Washington's behavior.

Washington has once again formerly apologized to the fans of his hit show and it will be interesting to see if ABC ends up canning Washington's booty.

"I apologize to T.R., my colleagues, the fans of the show and especially the lesbian and gay community for using a word that is unacceptable in any context or circumstance. By repeating the word Monday night, I marred what should have been a perfect night for everyone who works on "Grey's Anatomy." I can neither defend nor explain my behavior. I can also no longer deny to myself that there are issues I obviously need to examine within my own soul, and I've asked for help.

I know the power of words, especially those that demean. I realize that by using one filled with disrespect, I have hurt more than T.R. and my colleagues. With one word, I've hurt everyone who has struggled for the respect so many of us take for granted. I welcome the chance to meet with leaders of the gay and lesbian community to apologize in person and to talk about what I can do to heal the wounds I've opened.

T.R.'s courage throughout this entire episode speaks to his tremendous character. I hold his talent, and T.R. as a person, in high esteem. I know a mere apology will not end this, and I intend to let my future actions prove my sincerity."