Thursday, July 20, 2006

I Have Been Soaking My Toe in Ice All Night

In today's modern world, man can walk on the moon, planes can fly at the speed of sound, babies can be conceived in test tubes and naked chicks can protest nanopants, yet the doctors assure me that nothing can be done for my toe. It is at the least sprained and quite possibly fractured, and I limp around the office all day like an amputee, but apparently a very serious toe injury is something you just wait out. For weeks, I'm told. It was suggested that I soak my toe in ice at night and take Advil in the morning. Why do we even have doctors?

Medical Blog said...

It is at the least sprained and quite possibly fractured,
and I limp around the office all day like an amputee,
but apparently a very serious toe injury
is something you just wait out.