Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Fashion Post by The Beet!

So, normally I leave the haute couture discussions in more capable hands (read: Evil T), but my good friend Marc Chung (who runs a data mining blog I'm sure this audience will find captivating) pointed out to me tonight that our two blogs may have some common ground.

In his data mining adventures, Marc stumbled upon Like.com, an online software that allows you to specify items a celebrity is wearing in a photo and quickly search the Internet for similar fashion items. You can specify color, price range, and which factors about the style are most important to you, and Like.com will present you with a series of similar products you might like, and tell you where you can buy them online.

The software's still in its alpha version, so it's very preliminary. I'm pretty sure you can only use the pictures they already have uploaded, and some searches come up blank, but some work really well. It's definitely a website for fashionistas to keep an eye on.

Marina said...

Your blog is great !

designer handbags said...

Thank-you! Thank-you! Thank-you!
I have been waiting for this day since I first saw this skirt on your blog. How wonderful that the waist is not shirred using elastic thread--but has casings with elastic threaded through. I love it! 2945abc45 0212