But I'm still holding out for an apology for her first two albums.
Saturday, September 30, 2006
Make the absurd statement that it could have saved Natalee Holloway's life.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 9:59 PM
Wow, my sense of security in this world just took a major hit.
We reported earlier in the week that Anna Nicole Smith married her longtime lawyer, Howard "Not the Shock Jock" "K." Stern.
Now word is coming through that the marriage was "not legally binding," and the vows were just part of a "commitment ceremony." Apparently heterosexual marriage isn't allowed in the Bahamas -- well, it's allowed in Freeport, but then it won't be recognized in Nassau, which specifically voted to ban heterosexual marriage, considering it a "vile affront to encouraging hot chicks to go down on each other, i.e., tourism."
Here's what rocks my world: This statement was made by Michael Scott, Anna's attorney.
What happened? Howard K. Stern has been Anna's lawyer since the dawn of time! Since J. Howard Marshall was born, it seems! Does Anna need a new lawyer now that she's in love with her old one? Who's writing the pre-nup? I really don't know if I can get used to this.
Friday, September 29, 2006
We bloggers are gonna write about that damn show each and every day, and if it means Nick Carter has to admit to losing his virginity to and currently being a little bit in love with an infamous pedophile on Howard Stern's radio show, THEN THAT IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN.
Nick Carter told Stern that, as a teenager, he lost his virginity to Debra LaFave, the Florida eighth-grade teacher who was arrested for having a lot of sex with her 14-year-old student. LaFave was 23 at the time. Carter and LaFave met -- where else? -- in church. Their budding relationship ended when LaFave cheated on him with a chick.
Nick -- who's been linked to Paris Hilton and Willa Ford -- also says that “a lot of the girls I’ve had the best sex with or best anything with have been just normal girls.” And by "normal girls" he of course means "insecure groupies who'll seriously put anything in their ass. Like, anything, guys."
- Jessica Coen is leaving Gawker for Vanity Fair, where she'll be their "deputy online editor." In my mind, the "deputy" part of this keeps conjuring up an image of a wide-eyed Coen staring up at Graydon Carter, who's pinning a bronze star on her lapel and saying something along the lines of "Welcome aboard, pard'ner."
- Here's a Paris Hilton nip slip.
- Britney Spears either fired publicist Leslie Sloan Zelnick or she didn't. As long as the kid's still named Sutton Pierce, I don't see what difference it makes.
- Was Lindsay Lohan paid to go out with Harry Morton? Or did she go out with Harry Morton voluntarily and then get paid to act like she was paid for it? Or did she pay Harry Morton to act like he was paying her to act like she was paid to go out with her and then pay him to act like he was paying her to go out with him but didn't want anyone to know that he was being paid for it? Or did she marry her lawyer wearing a pink bikini on a yacht off the coast of Nassau just 18 days after the sudden death of her only son? It's very difficult to keep all this straight.
- Did you guys see McSteamy last night?? HE WAS LITERALLY STEAMY!!! Oh, McSteamy, be mine forever?
Update: I thought about this more, and the only CMA/AA meetings on a Wednesday (when these photos were taken) end at 8 pm, and there's no way it was this bright out at 8 pm this late in September. I live in this city. Still, the WHRC is most definitely a 12-step center.
Thursday, September 28, 2006
- Avril Lavigne spits at photogs at her
8th22nd birthday celebration.
- Ivanka Trump may be the new face of Tiffany & Co.
- Jessica Simpson is not in a very good mood lately. [The link also includes a video of Ashlee performing -- to rave reviews -- in Chicago...possibly a source of big sis' jealousy...er...grumpiness?]
- Is Arizona the new Hollywood? Because I can assure you that Janet Napolitano was at no point Miss Universe.
- Hey, Jenny McCarthy, we can handle pictures of you sitting on the toilet, we can stomach the fart jokes, and we're okay with all the very grossest details of pregnancy, but do you really have to talk about sex with Jim Carrey?
- Yom Kippur is fast approaching, and you can stop kidding yourself. You may be taking the day off, but you are sooo not going to be in temple, unless you consider the matinee of Jackass: Number Two your religious headquarters. So, call Stephen Colbert at 1-800-OOPS-JEW, and atone for your sins, heathen.
Star magazine reports that Anna Nicole Smith married her lawyer and constant companion, Howard K. Stern, in the Bahamas on Thursday morning. The ceremony took place on a yacht off the coast of Nassau, and Anna Nicole wore a pink bikini for the event.
Update: According to Perez, this quickie marriage may be an attempt to prevent a paternity suit by Larry Birkhead, a former fling of Anna's who is claiming to be the father of the baby. Perez's source says:
"I am positive that the reason they got married is because under the family law in the Bahamas, if a person marries the mother AFTER birth of the child AND acknowledges he is the natural father (which Howard Stern did on the Larry King show) -- he is presumed under their laws to be the father of the child."
In effect, this prevents Birkhead from filing a paternity suit and from insisting on a DNA test. Smith recently became a legal resident of the Bahamas.
This just keeps getting stranger.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Cyril Wecht -- the man who single-handedly taught a nation what "pathologist" means -- announced Wednesday that Anna Nicole Smith's son Daniel died from a combination of methadone, Zoloft and Lexapro.
The Zoloft and Lexapro are commonly prescribed for depression -- a disease from which Daniel reportedly suffered -- but they're from the same class of drugs, and it would be unusual for them to be prescribed for concurrent use. Methadone is an opiate sometimes used to treat chronic pain in cancer patients and the like, but it is more often used by recovering heroin addicts. Or 20-year-old kids who figure that, if they mix it with a bunch of depression meds, they'll catch a killer buzz, or at least be able to dull whatever pain comes along with a Daniel Smith childhood and genetic framework.
So that's the shocking conclusion: drug overdose, probably accidental. It's in all respects a tragedy, but I hope that, with the level of publicity this story's received, someone somewhere will think twice before they try the same thing, and some good can come of all this.
Watch it here!
A lovely quote from Screech himself:
"If you freeze-frame right at the blue jelly double-cock, um, I believe there's poop on the end of it...I can't wait to see what Mark [I assume -Paul Gosselaar] does to top this. He won't be able to come close, I'm sure, because poop was involved in mine."
I'm sure Mark-Paul Gosselaar is thrilled beyond words to know that he is referenced in Dustin Diamond's scat-tastic sex tape.
Also, the kids at Best Week Ever have put together this list of other Screech sex moves you might want to try with your partner(s). An excerpt, if I may:
The Dick Belding: In which one performs a series of generally vile sex acts until their partner is forced to finally turn around and say, “Hey hey hey, what is going on here?”
"Your research in phytoplankton ecology intrigues me, and I’d love to learn more about it. I have always been interested in harmful algal blooms."
From my sister's letter of introduction to a university professor whom she hopes will sponsor her as a Ph.D. candidate in marine biology.
It's so true. Back when we were little kids, I always wanted to dress up Barbies and ride bikes and play M.A.S.H, but all she ever wanted to do was play with harmful algal blooms. It was a real point of contention with the folks.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 1:15 PM
- God bless the British press. They've got a pic of cocaine in its natural habitat -- the inside of Kate Moss's nose.
- If the standard blow-up doll isn't doing the trick anymore, you can bid on an actual Fembot on eBay.
- Nick Carter: "Paris Hilton is a psychotic evil whore blah blah blah blah hey by the way I have a television show coming out."
- Jamie Pressly gets engaged and Kate Hudson files for divorce.
- Do you want a George W. Bush butt plug? Perhaps for use in conjunction with your Fembot? Okay, okay. Just promise you'll think about it.
- ABC's website has a clip of the Terri Irwin interview that will air on 20/20 tonight.
- I can't believe I am linking to Perez Hilton just because I agree with his taste, but I am. Regina Spektor rocks, and when you're done listening to the new Killers album, you should check her out.
- Lost star Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ayddibug ukilolopoti yi Abptu daka-daka shrekpiti.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 9:38 AM
And reality TV continues its sharp plunge into actual reality.
Rev Run's wife gave birth on Thursday, but the baby was born with its organs external to its body, a rare condition known as cloacal exstrophy, occuring in only 1 of every 250,000 births. The baby died soon after its birth.
MTV cameras were inside the hospital at the time, but there's no word yet on whether they were in the delivery room.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 12:51 AM
This story gets more intriguing by the minute.
On Tuesday night, an obviously distressed Howard K. Stern appeared on Larry King Live to announce that he and Anna Nicole Smith have been in a relationship for "a very long time," and that he is the father of her new baby girl, Hannah.
I think on some level I kind of knew this already, but still, it's crazy to watch the video. We forget that these are very real people. This has been a truly horrific month for HKS and Anna, and it's written all over his face in this interview. I feel terrible for him.
Update: I just realized something. If your names were Howard and Anna, and you wanted to name your kid a combination of the two, Jamie-Lynn Spears-style, what would you name it? Probably Hannah.
UpdateUpdate: Apparently the kid's name is now Danilynne, which has something to do with "Daniel" and the fact that Anna Nicole's real name is Vicky Lynn.
UpdateUpdateUpdate: Larry Birkhead is such a fucked up cocksucker.
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
- File-sharing site Limewire is suing the RIAA for anti-trust violations, and they're asking for a jury trial. So it's pretty much the most awesome publicity stunt since that time Aaron Carter proposed to Kari Ann Peniche.
- Katie Holmes agrees to adopt another fake baby with Tom Cruise, if he'll marry her and renew her contract.
- The kids at Best Week Ever have tasted Cocaine: The Drink. The verdict: all the fun of actual cocaine, with 110% of the mysterious itching.
- Eddie Murphy is soooo in love with Scary Spice. It's so nice that neither of them has a career to get in the way of their relationship.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 6:31 PM
- Kari Ann Peniche('s publicist) finally breaks her day-long silence about the abrupt and predictable end to her week-long engagement to Aaron Carter.
- Brandon Davis gets in his second fight this week. I think he and Jason Wahler have an agreement to alternate days.
- Would you like to see a (tragically, censored) video of Steve-O urinating on his own red carpet? You're in luck!
- Paris Hilton is formally charged with that DUI she picked up earlier this month. The maximum sentence is six months in jail, so keep your fingers crossed.
- The new Killers album is available for streaming on The Leak.
Monday, September 25, 2006
Albert Einstein once said "Do not worry about your difficulties in math. I assure you that mine are still greater."
This isn't a great parallel, but the quote came to mind. Because however nauseatingly sick you are of every other post on this blog being about what Lindsay Lohan is doing today, I assure you that I am way, way fucking sicker of having to write about it. The jokes run thin real quick, and they weren't that good to begin with. I'm tired of thinking up new ways to be mean to her. The joy is gone. I don't hate her, I don't want her to die or contract E. coli from spinach or continue her pathetic estrangement from her shoe-assaulty father; I'd genuinely like it if she checked into rehab and found a suitable treatment program for her problems with cocaine and alcohol, got into a stable relationship, tied all future Birkin bags to her wrist with rope, and got on with her acting career and life.
Until then, though, we've instituted the Lohan Tracker here at Evil Beet. You'll find it on the upper-right side of this blog, and it'll be updated regularly so that you, the concerned public, can be informed as to Miss Lohan's whereabouts and goings-on, and I don't have to write more than a few words about it daily.
- Lindsay Lohan was seen sucking face with Stavros Niarchos last night at Dragonfly. In case you'd forgotten about him already, Stavros is the Greek shipping heir who was at one point engaged to none other than Paris Hilton.
- Laguna Beach's Jason Wahler was arrested -- again -- on Friday, for battery, after an altercation with a Department of Transportation officer and a tow truck driver. I have created an Evil Beet Hypothetical Transcript of said arrest:
JASON: (sniff) Hey, Mr. Tow Truck Driver, what are you (sniff) doing? (sniff)
TOW TRUCK DRIVER: I am towing your automobile because you did something illegal with it.
JASON: No you're not, asshole. You have no right!
TTD: Actually, I do.
JASON: Like hell you do. I think we ought to (sniff) get an officer from the Department of Transportation involved in this little snafu. He is certain to see it from my point of view. (sniff sniff, shiver)
TTD: Okay, I'll summon one.
[both smoke cigarettes]
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION OFFICER: I was summoned?
JASON: Yeah, um, (sniff) this tow truck driver believes he has the right to tow my automobile.
DOTO: As a matter of fact, son, he does.
JASON: Don't you (sniff) know who I am?
JASON: (punches both men in the face)
- John Mayer's blog entry from yesterday is genius.
Update: I'm so silly. Hilton dated Niarchos, but she was never engaged to him. She was engaged to an entirely different Greek shipping heir, Paris Latsis. Seriously, if I can't keep things like this straight, what right do I even have to live?
- Hey boys! Just when you thought masturbating to thoughts of Miss Cleo couldn't get any better -- turns out she's a lezzie!
- Aaron Carter breaks off his week-long engagement to Kari Ann Peniche, because he's now met the requisite media usage quota of "House of Carters" as detailed in his contract with E!, and because, you know, she used to fuck his brother.
- KFed's not even going to include "PoPoZao" on his debut album, Playing with Fire; it's being replaced by a duet between him and his wife, Britney Spears. So, by its late October release date, we should all be ready to welcome Britney Spears' Playing with Fire, featuring Kevin Federline.
- Are Paris & Nicole combining their evil powers once again?
- How many people does it take to wax Scarlett Johansson's vag? A whole "waxing crew," apparently. [via Junkiness]
- Triumph the Insult Comic Dog bangs fellow puppet Ernie of Sesame Street. The folks at Childrens' Workshop are all like "even our audience knows that stupid dog is played out."
- Jackass Number Two makes number one at the box office. This, folks, is why the terrorists hate us.
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Nicole Richie has been spotted all over town lately with her new man, longtime friend and Prince of Malibu Brody Jenner. But it was not so long ago that the super-skinny starlet was engaged to DJ AM. Is Nicole really over AM? Well, we can't know for sure, since she didn't wear a t-shirt making any formal statement to the press, but we can look at the evidence and draw our own conclusions.
AM has been spending a lot of time lately with 22-year-old model Lauren Hastings, who has not yet thought to make her mySpace profile private. The song playing on it currently? A DJ AM mix highlighting the fact -- one which friends can attest I have been harping on for years -- that the Chili Peppers' "Dani California" is essentially an uncredited remake of Tom Petty's "Last Dance with Mary Jane." Because it is. So that's cool.
But anyway. AM is placed third on her friends list. She lists her status as single, but she also lists her hometown as Tijuana and her occupation as "unicorn fluffer." So make of it what you will.
Here's the dirt:
Nicole was recently celebrating her 25th birthday at Teen Vogue's Young Hollywood party (um...don't you age out of "young Hollywood" by 21 or so?) when Lauren showed up. At that point, Nicole suddenly asked security to "clear her area," and Lauren was not allowed in.
What's sad to me is that this whole mess could have been prevented with a simple "You Can't Have Him" baby tee.
Saturday, September 23, 2006
You know those awkward days after a break-up, where you still have to see the guy every now and then to work out the details? Who's keeping the dog? Where are my bikinis? You owe me $30 for that time I paid for the cab. Won't you please reconsider? Please?
In the new media, EdTV life of Lindsay Lohan, these moments are captured on tape and broadcast to an international audience via the web.
Play along, won't you?
TMZ has tape of Lindsay showing up at Harry's West Hollywood office yesterday, a day after she got dumped by Morton at the Chateau Marmont.
We'd like to take a moment to thank our sponsors. This particular summer in Lindsay Lohan's life has been made possible by the following:
Friday, September 22, 2006
I love it when there's a ton of cool stuff breaking on a Friday afternoon.
- Grey's Anatomy kicks some CSI ass, while ANTM stays fierce on the CW.
- Die Hard 4: Live Free or Die Hard (uuuuugh) rounds out its cast with Justin Long and Maggie Q. The fourth installment of the Bruce Willis-as-Jack-Bauer series begins shooting in Baltimore this weekend.
- Is $1B a reasonable valuation for Facebook? Time Warner CEO Dick Parsons thinks not.
- Holy fucking shit. PerezHilton.com had 2 million unique visitors yesterday. This blog thing may take off after all.
- Nicky Hilton's beau Kevin Connolly punches Brandon Davis in the face -- twice! -- at a party at Paris Hilton's house. Why? Who cares? Way to go, E!
- Making an appearance at the same party was La Lohan, who I hear got her ass dumped by Harry Morton after dinner last night at Chateau Marmont. I've heard from several sources that she and Paris were playing nice at the party, with Paris even trying to convince Linds that the many reports of her talking shit about the broken-wristed starlet were false. My guess? Lindsay'd been trying to keep her nose clean (literally) to maintain a relationship with Harry Morton, who's well known to be sober, but when that fell apart she went crawling back to her old cokey pals, Paris & Co, within hours.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 1:50 PM
- Katie Holmes may play the role of Victoria Beckham in an upcoming biopic about Posh's hubby, U.K. soccer star David Beckham.
- A publicity-starved Steve-O urinates on the red carpet at the premiere of Jackass 2. Fair warning: if you click that link, you are going to see his penis.
- Steve-O's penis is lovely treat, but I know what you all really crave is a peek at Rosie O'Donnell's tits. Well, then, you should watch Nip/Tuck on October 3. Or, you know, avoid Nip/Tuck at all costs for the entire month of October, just in case.
- Britney's "manny" leaves her for Jude Law. Maybe he's planning to reunite with Sienna Miller for the fifty-eighth time. She was not such a big fan of the old nanny.
- Keith Richards showed up to film his part as Johnny Depp's father in the third installment of the other national mint, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Rolling Stones rocker was almost too drunk to get through the scene. Where is Courtney Love when you need her?
- If you own an energy drink called Rehab, and you would like people to take pictures of your product and write about it on the Internet, you do whatever it takes to get that can into the sweaty, shaky hands of Lindsay Lohan. But how to do that? It just seems to good to be true. It took me awhile to find much information on the product, since any google search for "lohan rehab" or "rehab beverages" provides a million hits I can't use, but I finally tracked down their website. They're a Las Vegas company, and it looks like they're partnered with Pink Taco, a chain of Mexican restaurants owned by Harry Morton, Lohan's boyfriend. Mystery solved.
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Ah, blog backlash. As a mounting wave of celebrity vitriol prepares to crash upon the shores of the next generation of opinion makers -- those who don't have to run their words past an editor -- a once-hot Jared Leto has grabbed his eyeliner and is writing mean things about us on bathroom mirrors. Says Leto:
I think that blogs should die a sudden death. It’s just ridiculous. It’s like a playground for four-year-olds. People say and do things in the world of blogs that they would never do in real life, and I think it’s a false experience…The blog is yesterday’s parachute pants. It’s here now but it’s gone tomorrow.Here now but gone tomorrow? Maybe. But, with any luck, after a 10-year period of utter irrelevance and occasional Lohan-porking, blogs will start an unoriginal band and make an appearance on the VMAs looking like they just wrote a poem in Algebra class. We can hope, right?
Ah ha ha ha ha!
I am so funny. Great title, Beet.
(I did not get much sleep last night.)
Oh sorry you guys don't even know why it's so funny yet.
Or unfunny. Okay then.
So Lou Diamond Phillips was charged with domestic battery today following his August 11 arrest for kicking his girlfriend's ass. Or allegedly doing that. Not sure. I'm too tired to read the legalese.
It's okay, dude. If I were in Hollywood Homicide, I'd be angry, too.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 4:42 PM
WSJ reports that "people familiar with the matter" are saying that Facebook has been in acquisition discussions with Yahoo, Microsoft and Viacom over the last year, but Yahoo is looking like the front runner, with a price tag of $1B. That's B like billion.
This is Web 2.0, baby, alive and kicking.
I remember a couple years ago reading an article about how Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook's then-20-year-old founder, had been offered $100M for the site and wasn't interested. He'd said something along the lines of "I'm just having too much fun with it." I'd thought him a total moron. Who the hell walks away from $100M because they're having too much fun? Have fun on your 18 yachts for the rest of your life, retard.
I'm done dispensing free business advice now.
Here are some amusing items from the article:
During one series of talks with Microsoft, Facebook executives told their Microsoft peers they couldn’t do an 8 a.m. conference call because the company’s 22-year-old founder and chief executive, Harvard dropout Mark Zuckerberg, wouldn’t be awake, says a person familiar with the talks. Microsoft executives were incredulous.
At one point in the Yahoo negotiations, the talks extended into the weekend, says a person familiar with the matter. Mr. Zuckerberg, this account continues, said he couldn’t take part because his girlfriend was in town. Others pointed out they were closing in on a billion-dollar deal. Mr. Zuckerberg said it didn’t matter: his cellphone would be off, this person says.I'll tell you, man, if the job of Mark Zuckerberg's girlfriend becomes available in the near future, count me in.
And since I've now cruelly subjected you to more than 3 or 4 words about technology and business, here's a palate cleanser:
Paris Hilton can't remember how she knew who broke into Joe Francis's house and forced the Girls Gone Wild producer to sodomize himself. It was two years ago. She's "not like that smart."
Nirvana's Nevermind came out fifteen years ago. Yeah. You're that old.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 2:20 PM
Rocked by EvilBeet at 9:56 AM
- People in this country seem to think it would be a good thing if Lindsay Lohan moved to London. Such thinking belies a tacit ignorance of the economic underpinnings of our nation. A drastic shift in the supply/demand curve of the blow industry impacts all of us.
- Cameron Diaz filed a police report accusing a photog of assault with a deadly weapon.
- Angelina and Brad continue their tireless quest to buy our forgiveness, donating $1M each to the Global Action for Children and Doctors Without Borders. It's really pathetic, you know, behaving as though a vast improvement in quality of life for thousands of third-world children in any way makes up for the broken heart of one first-world Jennifer Aniston. You two sicken me.
- Someone went Wild On...Brooke Burke. Check out pics of her preggers. And, for the record, I tried very hard to think of something more current to pun on than an E! series she wrapped four years ago, but that's really all there is for her.
- No, silly, Chris Klein did not impregnant Katie Holmes. An alien did.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Fergie recently made the following statement about gossip bloggers to a gay NYC paper called Homo Xtra:
I just think, ‘Wow, I’ve worked so hard for this, but what are you doing other than sitting there behind your computers and talking shit about people?’ If people don’t like me, fine, but don’t dis people if you’re not getting off your ass and doing something about your own life.That's so true, dear. We can't all share our vapid, inarticulate opinions with a newspaper. Some of have to do it online.
[via The Deli]
Apparently Joe Simpson didn't get the memo that Dukes of Hazzard sucked. He's planning to open a chain of restaurants called Daisy Dukes, to capitalize on that one movie that capitalized on his daughter's tits and ass. I don't understand how he has time for this sort of endeavor, between micromanaging his daughters' careers and personally photographing their breasts just so, but where there is money to be made from his children's sexuality, there you will find Joe Simpson.
The former reverend plans to launch the restauarant in Las Vegas in 2007. Look for Ride Me: The Jessica Simpson Amusement Park by early 2009.
- For the eight of you who are still watching the actual SNL rather than the newer, hipper, Sorkin'd-out Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, you'll be sorry (or perhaps not) to hear that the annual bloodletting at the Lorne Michaels antiquity means the show will say goodbye to Chris Parnell, Horatio Sanz and Finesse Mitchell.
- In honor of what would have been Jerry Orbach's 71st birthday, TNT will spend October paying tribute to the late actor by airing every Law & Order episode graced by his unique brand of utter awesomeness.
- American Idol's Clay Aiken talks to Good Morning America about how he reluctantly decided to begin taking anti-depressants, because that discomfort and fear he feels in his own skin is, obviously, the result of a chemical imbalance, and not at all related to a huge part of his identity he plans to hide from everyone at any price.
- After an ear-whisperin' evening at Chateau Marmont and Les Deux, Kate and Owen must be official now. Us Weekly is asking you to name them, so you know it's for real.
- Whatever The View is paying Rosie O'Donnell, she should demand they double it. Today, Rosie keeps the whinefest on our radar by honing her gaydar on Oprah & Gayle King.
- Don't feel too bad about your crazy-ass, shoe-assaultin', cartoon-drawin' pops, Lindsay Lohan -- Jessica and Ashlee's dad is a total headcase, too.
- Ew! When I reported earlier that House of Carter's Aaron Carter got engaged to Playboy model Kari Ann Peniche, I was completely unaware that Peniche used to date Nick Carter, Aaron's older brother. That is just so wrong.
- Tom Green (remember him? no?) shatters his tibia while skateboarding. He plans to air film of the surgery on his online talk show, Tom Green Live, which certainly won't garner anywhere near the attention he received for his televised testicle surgery, or, you know, for his televised show.
- Where is the love? Justin Timberlake lashes out at the X17 cameramen, and, according to them, has since involved the police. Will someone please give that kid some more of the weed he's cool enough to smoke now?
- Tara Reid's new horror flick, Incubus, is not quite up to straight-to-video standards. Instead, they're sending it straight to download. Tara's not really aware of this news, because she's still on lots of pain meds from her recent breast reduction. They're going to break the news to her when she sobers up, like in a year or so.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
On August 3, my ever-vigilant mother sent me a link to a website she thought I'd find amusing, DontDateHimGirl.com. I did find it amusing, so much so that I blogged about it, reluctantly repeating names of some of the poor chaps who'd been blasted on the site. I hadn't thought much about that particular post until today, when I received this email, from one of the young men whose name and public blasting I'd re-printed in part:
Here at the Evil Beet, we believe firmly that one oughtn't hate the player, but rather, the game. We were totally understanding of his crisis and removed any identifying info. Play on, brother.Dear Evilbeet!Please help. In your August 3, 2006 blog you discussed the website www.dontdatehimgirl.com and used my profile as an example. Although what you wrote was certainly sympathetic to me, and I appreciate what you said, unfortunately your website is now my highest Google link!! I had a girl that I really liked "google" me and she found that godforsaken website that I'm on and read about me. Needless to say, I haven't seen her since! If there is ANY WAY for you to alter a previous blog and remove me from that entry so that girls that "google" me in the future are not directed to that other website I would be very thankful!
Here is the text about me from your website:[name removed], of [location removed], sleeps with lots of girls at the same time, and "felt it was okay to Jerk off in front of me on our 1st and 2nd date." I doubt this guy was concerned much with your potential reaction on the first date, sweetie, but I assure you he'd determined it was 100% okay when you showed up for the second date.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 11:20 PM
Redux Beverages in Las Vegas debuted its new beverage at NYC Fashion Week this week: "Cocaine."
The beverage, targeted at party-goers (really? why?), is supposedly 3.5x stronger than Red Bull (its inventor, Jamey Kirby, says it is "350 percent stronger," because, you know, that sounds like more), and -- get this -- has a secret ingredient to imitate the mouth- and throat-numbing properties of actual cocaine.
Their website looks pretty low-budg, which is fine, because you don't really need a complicated marketing strategy when you've named your product after the hippest life-destroying addictive illegal drug on the market. You know everyone at Hansens is slapping their foreheads this week. "Fuck, dude, what were we thinking? Monster? Shit."
I think we're seeing a resurgence in the marketing-by-controversy approach, between this and Survivor: Racist. I hold Ann Coulter single-handedly responsible.
- Eminem's trying to work out the details of his divorce from Kim Mathers. Again.
- Scarlett Johansson loves being curvy, and she doesn't want to change a thing about herself. Which is totally fine, but it would be nice if she could change the character she plays every once in awhile.
- Teri Hatcher has very expensive THO. According to the Desperate Housewives star, during the show's first season, the producers spent thousands of dollars digitally erasing her nipples. For the love of Christ, will someone please run her picture this week? Next thing you know, she'll be running to the press with some story about how she was sexually molested as a child. What's that? Oh.
- "The One Where Joey Represents Himself in Divorce Proceedings with His Estranged Wife"
- Wait, what? Drugs might be involved in the death of Anna Nicole Smith's son? Surely you jest.
A pretty funny video from X17, as the paparazzi follow LiLo around for the better part of a day. She eats at Il Fornaio with Harry Morton and a woman who is either a rookie personal assistant or a very entitled friend.
Before Lindsay leaves the restaurant, this mystery woman comes out and instructs the paparazzi that she "needs them to stay at least ten feet back." The paparazzi chirp their agreement -- "yes yes, no problem, of course, sure, you got it" -- and, confident her natural genius for paparazzi negotiation has once again worked its subtle magic, she heads back inside the restaurant.
She emerges later with Lindsay, who is instantly clobbered by photogs.
Reports are trickling in that Howard Stern got a juicy confession out of Bam Margera on his radio program this morning. Bam says he did hook up with Employee of the Month star Jessica Simpson while she was still married to Nick Lachey.
I didn't hear the show and I haven't seen the transcript, but Jessica was technically married to Nick for nearly eight months after the two were separated, and during that time period, Nick's many conquests were well-documented. So I'll reserve judgment for now.
If you have more details about what Bam told Howard, tip us off!
Monday, September 18, 2006
This has nothing to do with celebrities, celebutantes or gossip, so if you can't handle some off-topic ranting, please avert your eyes.
Anyone who knows me knows I'm pretty far from a "femi-nazi" label. I mean, I write a gossip blog, for chrissake. I'm not one to hold picket signs or get petitions signed or, god forbid, write my senator. It's wonderful that there are people out there so invested in women's empowerment, and I respect and appreciate their efforts, but I am simply not among their ranks.
But I was pissed off today.
I'm at LAX, outside the Southwest baggage claim, when I walk past a set of magazine racks. On the top of one of the racks, I see a big sign that says "WOMEN'S INTEREST," and beneath it they have all the typical gossip/fashion rags, like Us Weekly, People, InTouch, Cosmo etc. I think to myself, just absently, that it's kind of bullshit they should so blatantly assume that only women read those magazines. Gay men, anyone? Or straight men who want to know just exactly what a woman can tell about him by the way he's decorated his apartment? Sheesh.
Next to it is a rack with a sign that says "MEN'S INTEREST." And I was so pissed off about this that I took a picture with my camera phone. I never do that. But I've posted it here, and I've circled some of the "men's interest" magazines available at LAX, the first stop for many on a visit to our great nation. They include:
- US News & World Report
- The Atlantic Monthly
Rocked by EvilBeet at 9:43 PM
- Aaron Carter is engaged to Kari Ann Peniche, a former Miss United States Teen who had her title revoked for posing for Playboy. So, Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff, you both lost.
- Will Brad Pitt replace Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible IV? Paramount hopes so.
- Accomplished Jew-hater Mel Gibson takes time out from his busy schedule of AA and KKK meetings to make his daughter an MRS.
- Janet Jackson once "accidentally" used cocaine, and she was so utterly distraught over it that she just had to tell an LA radio station.
- MTV launches Virtual Laguna Beach, begins advertising negotiations with Tampax, Rogaine.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 9:23 PM
I'm out and about and on airplanes today, so posting will be slow for the rest of the afternoon/evening, but I promise to come back and catch you up tonight, my loves.
You know what you should do in the meantime?
Make friends with The Evil Beet on mySpace. All the cool kids are doing it. That and cocaine.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 1:16 PM
Cyril Wecht, the famous forensic pathologist (yeah, that's right, I just said "famous forensic pathologist") who performed Daniel Smith's second autopsy said he could not determine the cause of death. According to the report, he was able to rule out heart disease, stroke, congenital illness and foul play. So he is absolutely, positively stumped.
OMFG, let's call in Dr. House.
This is a great mystery for the ages.
Pssst --- did you guys do a tox screen? Because when I did that semester abroad at this one really famous pathology school in Europe, they said, when all else fails, do that.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 1:20 AM
Sunday, September 17, 2006
Let's take a look at what Kristin's done since her Laguna Beach wrapped in 2005:
- Dated Brody Jenner (WHO IS BRODY JENNER???)
- Lost Brody Jenner (WHO IS BRODY JENNER???) to Nicole Richie.
- Wore obnoxious t-shirt to express her apathy.
- Started tooling around town with DJ AM, Nicole Richie's ex. Aforementioned apathy seriously in question.
- Hosted "Get This Party Started," a reality series about the devastating impact global warming is having on our planet's arctic regions, a topic dear to Kristin's heart. No, I'm kidding, it was about partying, and it was canned after two episodes. Girlfriend, if Tara Reid can't make that premise work, your amateur ass shouldn't even be trying.
- Landed two B-grade movie gigs: Fingerprints, a no-name thriller in which she appears to have a bit part, and Spring Breakdown, a comedy whose IMDB page doesn't even list a character name for her.
Kristin, sweetie, here's a tip for you. If you want to stay in the papers, take a look around you. What are all the other famous-for-nothing girls doing? What sells magazines? What do rubber-neckers worldwide love to see on a cover?
That's right, honey: Anorexia. It's the obvious next step.
- Lohan falls and fractures her left wrist at a Fashion Week party. She's claiming that the host of the party, Milk Studios, wasn't careful enough in preventing people from slipping, an egregious oversight they allowed by letting her drunk ass in.
- Pret-a-porter was a never a strong point at Fashion Week.
- Tara Reid gets a breast reduction, because, you know, that's the problem.
- An uber-drunk Mark McGrath barges into the wrong Las Vegas hotel room, wonders where his hookers, music career went.
- Jordan Knight's Wal-Mart record-signing extravaganza doesn't have quite the turn-out he'd hoped for. Unless, you know, he'd hoped for a record-signing extravaganza with fewer than five attendees. In which case, rock on, dude.
Saturday, September 16, 2006
On Thursday night, La Lohan met up with her mother, Dina, at an NYC restaurant to celebrate her mom's birthday. By the time Lindsay arrived, Dina and four friends were already pretty smashed, and by the end of the first course, Lindsay and Dina were cussing at one another. Lindsay told her mother to "go to hell" and left the restaurant for the Calvin Klein party at 7 World Trade Center, and later closed down B8.
Her mother stayed at the restaurant, crying and text-messaging furiously for the next 45 minutes, and apparently made five trips to the bathroom, coming back sniffling each time. Sound like anyone you know? The waiters had to help her out of the restaurant four hours later, after she'd paid the $2000 bill without tipping.
Poor Lindsay Lohan. On the surface, it must seem really fun to have a mother who's every bit as much of an alcoholic and cokehead as yourself, but deeper down I can see how it might feel dysfunctional, unstable and petrifying.
It's official: on September 12 of this year, Britney Spears birthed a 72-year-old British man.
Although we have not yet seen photos of the crotchety old wanker, his age and obvious pedigree can be inferred from the name the Federlines are rumored to have selected: Sutton Pierce.
S. Pierce (read: "Spears") will share his initials and future therapy sessions with his brother, Sean Preston, born September 14 of last year. Britney gave birth to little Sutty via Cesarian section at Cedars-Sinai in LA on Tuesday.
Friday, September 15, 2006
- Ben Affleck has to keep taking bad scripts. For his daughter.
- Kevin Federline trudges forward with this album of his, getting as far as releasing the cover photo. The album is titled Playing with Fire, and the photo features a glass of Scotch on fire, a work of art executed with that trademark "angsty design student and an illegal copy of Photoshop" flair.
- Paris Hilton identifies fuck-buddy Travis Barker as "one of my dear friends." But she's still sleeping with him, of course, because she sleeps with everybody.
- Is Sarah Jessica Parker pregnant again?
- Winona Ryder poses nude to raise awareness for cancer, Winona Ryder.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 3:00 PM
Thursday, September 14, 2006
For those of you who cynically expected the inaugural episode of Survivor: Racism to be fraught with racial stereotypes and shameless incendiary racist content, you were totally, completely, disturbingly right.
It started almost from minute one, with the contestants placing themselves firmly in their racial places. My guess is the Black team did not spend that entire day discussing their Blackness, nor did the Hispanic team spend the whole day discussing their Hispanicness, but man oh man, it sure was edited to look that way.
My favorite was Cao Boi (pronounced "Cowboy"), a Vietnamese nail salon owner who monologued about how he in no way fit an Asian stereotype, and later proceeded to perform some manner of voodoo when one of his teammates had a headache. He's also wearing a Star of David around his neck, which may have some sort of meaning in Vietnamese culture, too, but every time I see it on him I'm like, "Jew?"
When the White team was cold at night, they cuddled and played footsie and pretty much spent the entire evening touching one another as much as possible. Team Hispanic spoke a little bit of Spanish, said "ay ay" here and there, and otherwise generally minded their own business.
The first part of their main challenge involved building a boat and rowing out to sea to light a torch. Wanna know which team took by far the longest to figure out how to build a boat? You guessed it. So the Black team lost the first challenge, and as a consolation prize, they were able to send one player from the opposing team to "Exile Island," where that player had to remain, isolated, for two days.
In my discussion of their decision-making process, I'd like to go back to the start of the show, at which point the contestants were all on a ship, and were given two minutes to grab what they could from the ship and hop on rafts to go to the island. There were, I believe, two live chickens on the boat at that time. A member of the Black team grabbed one and a member of the White team grabbed the other. However, the member of the Black team looked away for a second, and a guy from the White team took his chicken.
The Black team sent him to Exile Island.
Because he took their chicken.
This is going to be so much fun.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 10:38 PM
You know what premieres tonight????
It is all the rage!!!
It's on CBS guys!!! Check your local listings guys!!!
What on Earth will happen when individuals team up with people of their own race and are pitted in fierce and ruthless competition against people of different races???
No no, not high school.
TMZ had an amazingly funny and racially insensitive readers' poll up about it earlier today, and I wanted to link you all, but apparently upper management got word and they've pulled it. If anyone has a cached version please please send along a screen shot.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 4:17 PM
Yes, folks, it's that time of year again! A male prostitute claims to have had a gay dalliance with Tom Cruise! And someone is using it to try to sell a book! Hollywood Interrupted was "leaked" a chapter. In it, "Big Red" talks about his sexual misadventures with Tom Cruise during the filming of Eyes Wide Shut, as well as his rendezvous with other big name stars. It's definitely not a PG read, and it's not in line to win either a Pulitzer or a spelling bee, but please, please try to hang in there until Red deftly compares anal intercourse with Garth Brooks to "fucking a whale." Because, you know, how funny is that?
While You Were Sleeping: The Edition Where Patrick Dempsey Grabs Your Ass While His Wife's Not Looking
Omigod you guys so much has happened since COB yesterday. So pop a couple Tylenol, get that Visine in, and have your morning beer so we can get started.
- Tragic news! Patrick Dempsey's wife had another one of his kids, making you even more of a naughty homewrecking slut when he shows up in your sexual fantasies. Hm. Maybe not so tragic.
- Madonna wants Russia to send her to outer space in 2008. They say no, but they'll consider it for 2009. There's a Lance Bass joke in here, but I can't find it. I'm open to suggestions.
- Orlando Bloom buys his very first computer. The fact that this coincides with his break-up with long-term girlfriend/stick figure Kate Bosworth strikes me as interesting. First person to find his Match.com profile gets a hug.
- 24-year-old rocker Ryan Cabrera is dating Elvis Presley's granddaughter, barely-17-year-old Riley Keough.
- Tori Spelling's first husband reveals the obvious: even her own family thinks she's a spoiled, crazy bitch.
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Yes, Jason Wahler was arrested in NYC on September 1, a little past 4 am, and charged with 3 counts of bribery, criminal possession of a controlled substance, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
So, um, here's what I assume happened:
1) LC's ex-love bumped a few lines (of cocaine. Yes, people. Probably of cocaine. Are you happy now?)
2) He did some stupid shit. (Jason Wahler? You're kidding me.)
3) The cops got involved.
4) The cops suspected and then confirmed that drugs were involved.
5) The words "Don't you know who I am?" were spoken. Probably by both parties.
6) A bribe was offered. Thrice.
7) All bribes were rejected, Jason was arrested.
Update: Oops...He Did It Again!
David Hasselhoff knows what it's like to have his projects ignored. On June 17, 1994, the Baywatch and Knight Rider star aired a concert on pay-per-view from Atlantic City. The show was created to kick-start his singing career in the United States (he was already something of a sensation overseas). On the evening that it aired, a former NFL star by the name of O.J. Simpson led the LAPD on a slow-speed car chase on the 405. Most viewers chose to watch that, instead.
David Hasselhoff is not taking any such chances with the release of his autobiography, Making Waves. At the launch of his book last night, Hasselhoff chose to rely on locker-room talk about his relationship with none other than Princess Di. He claimed that Di was "smitten" with him and "sparks" flew between them when they met at a London charity event in 1993. Said the 'Hoff:
I felt like she was a little girl caught up in this whirlwind. She was smitten with me since I was so tall. I was smitten with her since she was so tall. But she was married and so was I. I probably would have gone after her if circumstances had been different. In the end, I just wanted to be a friend and to hang out with her.
That's right, dude. You so totally could have had Princess Di. She was totally into you, man. I mean, come on, you're David Fucking Hasselhoff. From Baywatch. If Prince Charles hadn't passed her that will-you-go-out-with-me note in Mr. Macker's Brit Lit course, like, 5 minutes before you did, she would have been all over that shit, man.
It was generous of you to make sure she had the opportunity to tell her side of the story, too, Hoff. Smooth.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 3:26 PM
- Jessica Simpson hits the street with her sister Ashlee. She's put on a LOT of weight this year, and I think she's trying to hide it with this black parachute of an outfit, but it really just draws attention to it. I've said it before and I'll say it again: her stylists hate her.
- Whitney Houston confirms that she plans to divorce Bobby Brown. Their 14-year marriage survived the fact that they're both egomaniacal crackheads, but it just couldn't make it through a reality TV show. Will you people never learn? Reality TV kills marriages. Always.
- Paris Hilton is fucking Travis Barker for one reason and one reason alone: he is recently separated from the mother of his children and people will talk about it and her picture will be in all the papers. On most days, I find Paris amusingly self-absorbed and her antics voyeuristically engaging. With this, I just think she's a piece of shit. It's low even for her.
- The angry, lucrative buzz surrounding the upcoming season of Survivor: Racism has been more of a dull hum these past couple of days. But CBS was prepared for such a lull with its secret weapon -- a CBS Corp. board member who is also the President of the NAACP. Wanna know what the NAACP thinks of Survivor: Racism today? Not such big fans. Go ahead, talk amongst yourselves. Call your mother. Write your senator. Blog about it. Buzzzzzz.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Jane Fonda, who is famous, as best I can recall, for workout tapes referenced by Sir Mix-a-Lot and doing something that upset some people during the Vietnam war (I was never much for history), has apparently turned recently to acting, costarring opposite La Lohan in the defining deep-South-blow-job film of our generation, Georgia Rule.
"I think every once in a while, a very, very young person who is burning both ends of the candle needs to have somebody say, `You know, you're going to pay the piper, you better slow down.' So I think it was good," she says. "She parties all the time...and you know, she's young and she can get away with it. But, you know, it's hard after a while to party very hard and work very hard. She learned that, I hope."
Barbara Kopple is directing a documentary that follows the Dixie Chicks from the peak of their fame through the anti-Bush firestorm, and it features a scene of Maines watching news coverage of President Bush reacting to Maines' comments. ''The Dixie Chicks are free to speak their mind,'' he said, "[and] they shouldn't have their feelings hurt just because some people don't want to buy their records when they speak out. You know, freedom is a two-way street.'' In response, Maines says "What a dumb fuck," and then, to the camera, "You're a dumb fuck."
Now I'm not sure how recently this bit was filmed, and I'm not sure how much editing control Maines had over the film, but frankly, I'm kind of tired of this, and I'd think she'd be too. I'm as liberal as the next Angeleno, but it feels like uniformly despising President Bush is so passe. It's been done. We're all tired of it, on so many levels. He's on his way out. Let's move on.
Rocked by EvilBeet at 9:57 PM